I love making queues and this year I’ve resolved to read more than last year. To push myself along, I’m signing up for the Mount TBR Challenge hosted at My Reader’s Block. As it’s quicker to acquire books than to read them, challenges like this are helpful in conquering the stacks on my bookcase. To this end, only books acquired prior to January 1, 2016 qualify. (For sign up info and the full list of rules, follow the link above.) Additionally, ebooks count, so those free classics on my Kindle are fair game. It’s shocking how quickly you can download all of Jane Austen’s books. And to think I’ve only read one of them!
[Edit: I fixed the link to the actual challenge main page.]
I’ll list the books below as I read them and link to my reviews as they’re written. By the end of the year, there should be 75 books on this list as I’m going for the Mt. Toro level.* Wish me luck! And go sign up!
14. Night by Elie Wiesel
13. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
12. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
11. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
10. The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
9. My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl
8. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
7. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
6. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
5. Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
4. Gun, with Occasional Music by Jonathan Lethe
3. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
2. The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
*I was tempted by the Mt. Everest level (100 books), but wanted to leave time for 2016 releases and new books.