Taking Stock: January 2021
I’ve experimented with monthly wrap-ups, but I think a mid-month update is better for me . . .
Four posts and a Sunday Short have gone up this month:
- The Dangers of Smoking in Bed by Mariana Enriquez (4.7)
- Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan (3.5)
- Tyll by Daniel Kehlmann (4.8)
- What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah (5.0)
- “Who Will Greet You at Home” by Lesley Nneka Arimah (Sunday Short)
What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky has become one of my go-to recommendations for short fiction, but it does have difficult/upsetting moments. I added a widget for my “most recommended” books but I find myself wanting to fuss with it all the time.